Ordinary is boring. At Curious Frog Theatre Company, we like take it to the limit (like the Eagles tune, but way more avant-garde and, well, cool). This spring, we are bringing our production of Sam Shepard’s True West to Off-Off Broadway, and it’s a mighty ambitious act, if we do say so ourselves.
How ambitious, you say? Come take a look. In collaboration with the Opera Singers Initiative, Curious Frog presents the Spring Preview Salon—a sneak peak of True West both in front and behind the curtain. Not only will you be the first to see our brave new play, but if you’re really nice to us, we’ll let you mingle with the actors, the folks at Opera Singer Initiative, a slew of emerging artists, and last but not least, us. (Actually, you could be rowdy and inappropriate and we’d probably still let you mingle. That’s just how cool we are.)
The Who - What - Where - When - Why… oh yea, the Cost too:
- Who: Collaboration between Curious Frog Theatre Company and Opera Singers Initiative
- What: Spring Preview Salon: previews of True West and Romeo and Juliet, five singers and muscians performing pieces from upcoming shows including cellist Saeunn Thorsteinsdottir and flutist Jeremiah Duarte Bills, and phrases from two dance choregraphers
- Where: NY Studio Gallery in Manhattan: 154 Stanton St. • New York, NY • 10002
- When: Thursday, March 19th, 2009 from 7 – 10 pm
- Why: See a spectacular range of performances -- eat, drink, and be merry -- network with CFTC, OSI, and rising artists
- Cost: $35.00 -- tickets available through Eventbrite at http://2009springsalon.eventbrite.com
Everybody loves a party. We hear you. The Spring Preview wouldn’t be much of a shindig without a little food and drink. Not to worry. Curious Frog knows how to make merry. Just ask anybody who came to our benefit for Much Ado About Nothing last fall, where between songs, musician Mark Pires did impressions of Christopher Walken playing Hamlet. Yep. The wine was that good. Need we say more?
About the Company: Curious Frog Theatre Company
Curious Frog's mission is to present new, modern and classical works with the goal of showing a new, multicultural perspective through non-traditional casting that does not hinder understanding or believing a work, but rather enhances the work in an innovative manner and fosters fresh perceptions.
7 - 10pm
Theater: NY Studio Gallery
Address: 154 Stanton Street
New York, NY 10002
Buy Tickets Online or Call: Eventbrite at